Weather and Safety
Knowing the weather conditions and how to prepare your vessel is essential for safe and enjoyable boating.
Vessel owners should familiarise themselves with our Emergency Procedure Storm, and other marine safety sites and consult the weather forecasts before heading out on the water.
The links below will assist in planning your next day out on the water.
- 2023 Rosslyn Bay Tides
- 2023 Queensland Tides
- Storm tide data and tide predictions for Rosslyn Bay
- Emu Park wave monitoring
- Five Day Forecast Tide Times and Heights for Rosslyn Bay
Please be aware when entering Rosslyn Bay Harbour, we are advised for navigation purposes, the depth at the entrance is approximately 1m plus the tide height. We recommend planning your arrival and departure accordingly.
Wind & Weather
In our experience the reliability of websites can be variable, and you can almost always find one which will tell you what you want to hear! In the interest of safer boating, here is a list of handy links to help you do your research and enjoy your time on the water.
Bureau of Meteorology gives the official forecasts
- Latest Wind observations for Rosslyn Bay
- Marine Wind Forecast up to 7 days
- Capricornia Coast Forecast
- 128km Radar Loop
- Tropical Cyclone Forecast – Coral Sea
Other useful resources
- Windy TV shows two wind forecasting models ECMWF and GFS, and options for Waves, Rain and Lightning
- Seabreeze Weather is a handy visual 7 day wind and wave forecast for Central Coast
- Weatherzone forecast for Capricornia shows up to 7 day wind and wave including Tidal Predictions
- Willy Weather wind speed and direction for Rosslyn Bay including real time wind speed
- Pumpkin Island Weather Station provides real time observations taken on Pumpkin Island
- Windfinder offers a comprehensive forecast for wind, waves, rain and tides.
Check Local Notices to Mariners
Coastguard Yeppoon QF11 Callsign VMR411
QLD Govt publishes a series of good publications promoting Boating Safety
- Recreational Boating and Fishing Guide
- MSQ latest news on regulations and legislation
- Information on licensing
- Notices to Mariners – Outside Pilotage Areas includes Keppel Bay and Shoalwater Bay
- and the MSQ Extreme Weather Event Contingency Plan
- Guide to Recreational Boating Safety Equipment requirements
- Always refer to the GBRMPA Marine Zoning Maps.
In preparation at the beginning of the Storm Season (November) and immediately on notification of a significant storm event, please refer to our EMERGENCY STORM PROCEDURE.
In case of Medical Emergency, Dial 000. The Marina Building is located at 1 Waterline Way, Rosslyn Bay, nearest cross street, Breakwater Drive. A Defibrillator is located in the Main Marina Building Laundry accessible 24 hours.
In case of Fire, always Dial 000. Click here to access our FIRE EVACUATION PLAN.
In case of Fuel or Oil spill, notify marina office immediately 49336244 A/H 0459 336 244.
Police, Fire or Ambulance 000
Yeppoon Water Police 4933 7990
Yeppoon Hospital 4913 3000
Yeppoon Police 4939 0000
MSQ – Reporting line 3305 1700
Marine Pollution Emergency 1800 641 792
EPA 1800 623 445
Yeppoon Coastguard 4933 6600
GBRMPA 4750 0700
All Emergencies VHF 21 or 16