Plan your stay
There are so many attractions in the Keppel Bay area, you need to stay a few days to explore and enjoy the wonderful restaurants, markets and tour opportunities. Here are a few ideas.
Enjoy a meal at The Waterline restaurant overlooking the marina. Try our famous Banana Station steaks or some delicious fresh seafood, or sample some of our delightful Asian-inspired entrees. Attentive staff and an extensive wine list make dining here a real joy after a long or even a short sea voyage!
- Time your visit to enjoy a Sunday afternoon of live music on the lawn overlooking the marina. Sit back with a coffee, wine or beer and relax!
- Book our courtesy car or take a bus to shop in Yeppoon at Coles or Woolworths, open 8am – 9pm, also Target, Big W, Bunnings and a range of specialty shops.
- Coles and Woolworths online also deliver to the marina.
- IGA is another Supermarket in Yeppoon, open 6am -9pm, 7 days.
- Yeppoon Central Meats will cryovac to order 7 days a week, call 49383578. Cost is 50 cents/bag, and for a Sunday pick up please call and place your order on Saturday.
Stretch your legs
- Walk some of the interesting signposted tracks nearby: Double Head has short walks to view the volcanic Fan Rock and a spectacular lookout over the marina and the Keppel Islands. To the south there is a longer walk around Bluff Point.
- Cycle the new bike track from the marina north to Yeppoon and south to Bluff Point.
- Yeppoon’s Grower’s Markets are held every Saturday morning from 6 to 10 am at the Showground. Catch a bus or use one of our courtesy cars and stock up on fresh local fruit and vegetables, as well as honey and other specialty foods.
- Several other markets include: Fig Tree Creek Markets, 1st Sunday of the month, handmade and home grown products at the Merv Anderson Park, near the Tourist Information Centre at Ross Creek Roundabout, Yeppoon.
- Bell Park markets at Emu Park, 3rd Sunday of the month.
- Causeway Lake markets, 4th Sunday of the month.
- Stroll along Yeppoon’s new waterfront precinct featuring Yeppoon lagoon, a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the beach, and a water park named Keppel Kraken after the mythical sea creature, a great place to cool off on a hot day.
- Drop in to Shell World or one of the several art galleries in Yeppoon.
Emu Park day trip
- The Singing Ship sculpture commemorates James Cook’s explorations of the area.
- Stroll around the striking ANZAC Commemorative Precinct features integrated street-scaping, artwork and interpretive memorial walkway.
- Explore the Emu Park museum of railway paraphernalia and the nearby art gallery featuring local artists.
Further afield to Rockhampton
- Take a bus or drive to shop and explore historic Rockhampton,
- Stroll through the Botanic Gardens featuring banyan figs, Japanese garden, Rockhampton Zoo and bird watching on the Murray Lagoon.
- Browse the Rockhampton art gallery or Dreamtime Cultural Centre.
Tourist for a day
There are several nearby tourist attractions, pick one that suits your interests and sense of adventure:
- Cooberrie Park Wildlife Sanctuary, ideal for animal lovers, especially children.
- Capricorn Caves have a range of tours, walking, adventure caving and exploring the geology and animals; learn abseiling and try the climbing wall.
- Koorana Crocodile Farm, with over 2000 crocodiles and many crocodile leather products.
- Talk to our helpful office staff or drop in at the Capricorn Visitor Information Centre for more information.